Sunday, March 10, 2013

FMQ ... Quilting Practice

Hi Everyone!  Time for another post.  I am practicing my free motion quilting.  Haven't done enough practice so I used some sample 5" squares from Bernartex to make a baby size quilt to practice that FMQ!

What I came up with was "Sunshine and Flowers".  Hope my little phone camera got enough of the detail for you to see the designs.  I used Superior's "So Fine" thread.  I know the stitches aren't even and perfect but that's why it's practice!  I don't have a long arm machine so I have to rely on my Bernina Artista 630 to get the job done.  I know there are many quilters out there using the same domestic machines as me so I know it can be done and done well.  I just hope I get there sooner than later!

Sunshine


Flowers

Leaves and Vines all Around

And you put it all together and you get  "Sunshine and Flowers"!



See you next time...Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment